Highly powerful xrf analyser
When it comes to precisely evaluating your samples’ elemental composition, measuring coating thickness of multiple layers or simply identifying a material type, there’s no instrument that can do all in one like FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XDV®-SDD bench-top XRF analyser. It has been designed bearing in mind a vast range of applications, including precise measurements of extremely thin coatings (in nanometer range) on complex geometry small and large samples.
FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XDV®-SDD
Whether you need to accurately measure the plating thickness of your products, identify the metal type of incoming raw materials or determine individual chemical elements for research purposes or RoHS, WEEE & CPSIAWEEE, CPSIAWEEE, CPSIA compliance then FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XDV®-SDD gives you the flexibility to safely measure large and small parts in hard and easy to reach locations. This XRF is ideal for nondestructive measurement of multiple extremely thin coating layers, complex material combinations and alloys.
Designed with an easily programmable XY-Stage and Z-Axis, FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XDV®-SDD bench-top XRF analyser can be automated for measurements of extremely thin coatings and trace analysis even by untrained operators. Outstanding accuracy and long-term stability are characteristics of all FISCHERSCOPE X-RAY systems.
Powerful Silicon Drift Detector (SDD) can identify a wide range of materials Al(13) to U(92) within just 5 seconds, while micro-focus X-ray tube with tungsten target and beryllium window ensures long-lasting service for many years. The necessity of re-calibration is dramatically reduced, saving time and effort as all instruments are calibrated to your specific applications before the delivery.
FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XDV®-SDD Features and Benefits
- Powerful bench-top instrument for the non-destructive analysis of extremely thin coatings.
- Highly small aperture sizes (0.2, 0.6, 1 and 3 mm) allow to focus and measure in exceedingly small spots.
- High resolution detector gives a much better elemental separation in comparison to traditional detectors.
- Extremely safe. Thick metal shielding fully protects operators and visitors from hazardous X-ray energy.
- Doesn’t require any sample preparation and outputs precise results with average test times of 5 seconds.
- Programmable XY-Stage and Z-Axis can be automated to measure in predefined positions what allows seamless routine measurements, repetitive and accurate results.
- Precise recognition of low intensity elements accommodates for repetitive and accurate:
- coating thickness measurements in nanometers range (e.g. as low as 2nm of Gold).
- small concentrations in the trace analysis to RoHS &WEEE
- Various complex geometry samples can be tested in specific regions thanks to the top down measurement.
- Big samples can be allocated thanks to the spacious chamber with the usable sample placement area of 370x320x40mm.
- WinFTM software for seamless measurements, data collection and processing comes pre-installed on PC or laptop.
- Instant results, automated data storage and labelling allows a high throughput of samples.
FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XDV®-SDD Applications
- Precise coating thickness evaluation of Gold, Palladium and Nickel layers on Copper in PCB applications.Simplifying quality control on PCBs with automatic pattern recognitionD
- Simplifying incoming good inspection and quality assurance on PCBs with automatic pattern recognition.
- Directly measurable concentrations of phosphorous content in Electroless Nickel applications
- Analysis of the metallic content in plating solutions, such as AuCuCd, AuCuIn, RhRu to ensure an even colour finish.
- Analysis of harmful substances textiles for Oeko-Tex certification
- Trace element analysis (mainly led and cadmium) in materials for fashion jewellery and accessories
- Identification of undesirable substances (e.g. heavy metals) in electronics, packaging and consumer goods to RoHS, WEEE, CPSIA and other guidelines.
Material analysis is achieved using the XRF method and Fischer’s range of instruments have the capability to identify unknown materials. The ‘Material ID’ function is easily configured to identify an unknown sample by comparing the spectrum with a library of stored reference spectra. The library can be edited and customised by the user to incorporate known materials and utilised for ‘goods in’ testing for example.
Plating Solution Testing
The quality of metallic coatings depends heavily on the formulation of the plating bath solution, which consequently needs to be monitored. Compared with other methods like titration, XRF analysis of such solutions is straightforward.
Sample preparation and XRF testing is quick, and clean as opposed to other analytical methods where gases (Ar) or purified water are used. These can be messy, time consuming and the results subjective.
The supplied Fischer WinFTM software has full SPC (Statistical Process Control) functionality for optimisation of measurements and control of quality throughout the manufacturing process.
All Fischer X-ray instruments are supplied with a fully-featured software package that includes a report editor module.
Optimise your workflow, save time and resources, and professionally present the measurement data to your customers. Simply create a template and report your test results directly from the instrument.
Incorporate tables, charts, pictures, spectra, and statistical data into a professional document with your company logo. With one click of a button, the report can be printed as a ‘certificate of testing’ to accompany the goods. The final results can also be exported to Excel, CSV, and PDF formats.
You will have received an onsite installation training session when the machine is commissioned. This is designed to get you up and running.
Many customers, however, request additional training after a few weeks or months – because usually, questions relating specifically to their measurement application and production activities arise sometime after they start using the X-ray.
Also, with time, the original operators may leave the company, and a proper handover of knowledge relating to the instrument does not occur – so invariably key information gets forgotten or its importance diluted.
Make sure you keep trained, informed, and knowledgeable about your X-ray and of its capabilities.
Technical support, advice, and information are free: call our applications support line and speak directly with a Fischer technician.
Service and Applications Support
Your application challenges are our prime focus. We’ve built two state-of-the-art laboratories in Lymington and Nottingham, where our technical experts with more than 25 years of experience are eager to help you. We’re always available to assist you with choosing the right instrument, developing a new measurement approach, testing samples, defining an appropriate application, and creating a compelling case study or a report to prove your ideas.
At the same time, our service department ensures almost an instant response to any of your requests, with an average turnaround time of 48 hours to resolve outstanding issues and enough engineers in your area who are available to travel on-site to support you.
Can’t purchase the instrument outright? It’s not a problem! With our highly trusted financial partner First Capital Finance Ltd., we offer to spread the cost of the instruments over three or five years. Contact us to learn more.
Fischer Instrumentation offers one year warranty on all of the instruments supplied. This fully covers you for any unexpected breakdowns or issues you may encounter.